Creating a winning sales pitch is all about making customers acutely aware of the value that they will derive from your solution and compelling the audience to action through insight.
However, how often do you or your teams review your presentation style? Or even the presentation material?
A sales professional who can create powerful customer insights and communicate the differentiated value that your solution brings is of exponential value to your organisation.
How does Pitching Skills sales training work?
This sales training course illustrates that, central to a successful pitch, are two components; a compelling business case and the insights that will significantly improve your client’s business.
But more than that you need to know what type of audience are in the room and how they should receive the insights and information that you are communicating.
The ‘PITCH’ framework is a comprehensive and impactful way to communicate your value to the decision makers:
- Plan: Create a pitch plan from logistics to the agreed agenda
- Insight: Deliver the insights that can impact the customer’s business
- The Solution: Show how the solution can take them to where they want to be
- Clarity: Clarify the competitive situation and resolve any concerns
- Handshake: Gain commitment to and accountability for the way forward
Put the learning into practice immediately
In order to really perfect your pitching skills before getting back in front of your customers, you can add Practice sessions onto your Pitching Skills training.
These Practice sessions are run virtually via video link (or you can opt for face to face in the classroom environment), with a Salestrong coach taking on the role of your customer during practice pitches. Our coaches will provide you with detailed, constructive feedback on how to to expertly refine your pitch to maximise your chances of success.
Unlike standard training, this ‘fail-safe’ environment gives delegates the chance to practice on someone other than their customers. Without this additional opportunity, in the real world, delegates often fall back to previous ways of doing things or try, and fail, in front of their customers. With the Practice element, delegates have already discovered for them selves what works and they have the confidence to go out and apply that with their customers.
What are the benefits?
By the end of this training course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand the importance of preparation in achieving improved outcomes.
- Agree specific desired outcomes with all stakeholders before pitching.
- Understand different audience profiles and how to create an engaging pitch that captures their attention.
- Focus the pitch on the customer’s challenges and opportunities.
- Quantify the benefits and ensure that a robust business case is communicated to the customer.
- Share compelling insights that create value for customers and your own organisation.
- Communicate the differentiated value that your solution will provide.
- Deliver pitches with greater credibility and confidence.
- Win more often.
- Those who have undertaken the additional Practice element, have already refined and practiced their pitching skills, giving them heightened confidence and removing the chances of them slipping back into old habits.
This high impact sales training course has been designed to deliver positive results for anyone who is expected to deliver face-to-face presentations as part of their role.
Who should attend the course?
Pitching Skills is right for any member of your team for whom communicating value and influencing customers (internal and external) to make a favorable decision is an important part of what they do.
This could include people working in a variety of disciplines including:
- Sales Professionals
- Account management professionals
- Business development professionals
- Marketing professionals
- Finance and HR professionals
Pitching Skills can be delivered as a standalone programme, or as part of a wider programme of training. There are two options available:
- Bespoke version tailored to your sales team and organisation
In terms of delivery method, you can opt for:
- Classroom delivery
- Virtual delivery
We use live or simulated customer interactions to deliver insights into how to influence people to make a favorable decision. Delegates will be involved in ‘real world’ pitching sessions to ensure that the new skills become embedded and that you achieve short and long-term sales improvements.
"A brilliant course and process which was as close as you could get to a real life pitching environment. It certainly contributed massively to my success in 2015 and I expect it to do the same going forward."
Ready to speak to an expert?
To transform your sales people and performance, and inspire your business to reach its full potential, start talking to us today. We'd love to hear from you.Get in touch with us today