Role-play Sales Simulations are realistic bespoke customer scenarios, using highly-experienced Actor Coaches who effortlessly immerse themselves in the role of your customers. At the end of each conversation, your salespeople receive expert, real-time actionable feedback.
There are two stages to Role-play Sales Simulations:
We work in close collaboration with you to build comprehensive and robust customer scenarios, based on either a real or fictional customer/prospect. Each scenario typically contains 2-3 separate stakeholder conversations for your salespeople to complete, accurately replicating the types of people and conversations your salespeople encounter. The level of challenge for each conversation is decided by you.
Role-play Sales Simulations can operate as a standalone training intervention, or as part of a wider sales programme or workshop and can be conducted either face to face to virtually.
During the role-play sessions, it is up to your salespeople to employ the right questioning skills to uncover what’s important to each stakeholder, build trust and engagement and progress successfully through to the next stakeholder meeting.
Role-plays are observed by a Salestrong Coach, who provide additional feedback.
Whilst many people tend to experience apprehension in advance of role-plays, they are one of the most powerful learning tools available and the one that often delivers the most compelling feedback (just take a look at some of our testimonials at the bottom of this page).
Benefits of Role-play Sales Simulations:
- Role-play simulations allow your salespeople to practice real sales conversations in a fail-safe environment.
- Putting learning immediately into practice is the most effective way to embed that learning.
- Salespeople are able to try new and different approaches to build confidence, significantly impacting the impact and effectiveness of these new approaches when they return to their real-world customer conversations.
- There is no alternative sales training intervention that comes as close to real-world practice as role-play simulations.
- Salespeople rarely receive feedback (beyond losing the deal!) from their customers. Role-play simulations counter this, offering immediate, actionable and constructive feedback from the perspective of the customer.
- The additional option to conduct these role-plays virtually, has 2 distinct benefits:
- Firstly, for those salespeople whose customer conversations are primarily virtual meetings, the format allows for exact replication of their customer meetings and addresses the specific challenges that are unique to virtual meetings.
- Secondly, virtual delivery means this type of training remains an option for geographically diverse sales teams who are unable to come together physically in the training room.
" I was very nervous and anxious about the Role Play, it really pushes you outside your comfort zone but for all the right reasons, I learnt so much from doing it."
" Thank you to the trainers and the actors. It's only by really going through these scenarios / meetings that it highlighted what I need to develop. If we just learned the theory, it would have a much smaller impact on my future meeting structure."
"The whole structure through out the day was ran brilliantly. The role play with the actors was my favourite part."
"Companies scenarios really made it more real with actors!"
"I thought the actors were excellent. "