A Sales Academy is a structured, scalable, multi-element approach to accelerating the capability and performance of a sales team or sales force. It is designed to plug sales capability gaps, highlight and accelerate best practice around a framework of core competencies and create a culture of professional sales excellence.
The programme elements of a Sales Academy are flexible, meaning your Sales Academy can be designed to meet the very specific needs of your team.
The Key Features of a Sales Academy
There are a number of defining characteristics of our Sales Academy approach that differentiate it from a multi-stage, scalable Sales Training programme (see our BESPOKE Sales Training. In order to help you determine which is right for your sales team/force, here are some of the key features of our Sales Academies:
- A Sales Academy has a limited number of participants in each cohort (we recommend between 9 and 12 people). This enables individual focus, coaching and feedback which means greater personal development and growth, as well as creating a strong team mentality and in-built support network within the cohort.
For larger sales forces, you can run multiple concurrent Academies, but the cohort size for each is maintained to maximise the impact and effectiveness of the programme.
- Our Sales Academies will always contain multiple different programme elements and delivery and response formats, designed to push participants well outside their comfort zones. A multi-stage Sales programme will typically focus on classroom/virtual training sessions combined with online and/or application learning.
- The level of challenge in a Sales Academy is typically significantly higher than a standard sales training programme.
- Our Sales Academy approach very purposefully puts the emphasis on participants, creating a Growth Mindset approach to continuous learning and development. Participants must complete a significant element of independent, self-directed learning. We provide the support, training, guidance, resources, coaching and feedback but, ultimately, the more they put in, the more they will get out.
- A Sales Academy contains an element of progression that culminates in a final challenge. Graduation from the Sales Academy is celebrated and achievement recognised.
- Multiple opportunities for peer learning and support are purposely built into the programme.
Sales Academies can be designed for a very specific population. For example, we designed our ASPIRE Sales Leadership Academy specifically for new and aspiring sales leaders, to arm them with the skills, knowledge and capability required to become a highly-effective and influential Sales Leader. Click here to read more about the ASPIRE Sales Leadership Academy.
"Monthly Self Generated sales jumped up by unprecedented levels after the first round of Sales Academy courses – this stuff really works!"
Field Sales Director, Worldpay
"The Aspire Sales Leadership Acadmey has been a transformational journey for me. What has been of incredible value to me personally is the work I have had to do on myself. This stretching out of my comfort zone is where the real growth has occurred. Loved the 360 degree feedback highlighting where my strengths are and where there is potential for improvement. Thank you for everything!"
Ready to speak to an expert?
To transform your sales people and performance, and inspire your business to reach its full potential, start talking to us today. We'd love to hear from you.Get in touch with us today