360 Degree Feedback for Sales Reps is an assessment tool used to gain an in-depth understanding of a salesperson’s existing strengths and weaknesses. The result is a comprehensive report that provides both qualitative and quantitative feedback from a variety of sources to the individual.
The purpose of the report is to identify the salesperson’s strengths and areas for development as well as increasing awareness, to both the individual and their line manager (who receives a copy of the final report) of how their behaviour, words and actions are perceived by others. This can often differ from the perception that the salesperson and their line manager have.
The 360 Degree survey is distributed to a selection of the salesperson’s colleagues and peers, who score that individual against a series of core competencies. We manage the distribution, collection and collation of the results. We can carry out the 360 Degree process for any number, from just one individual, up to an entire sales force.
Benefits of the 360 Degree Feedback process:
- Provides a clear indication of where the strengths and weaknesses of the salesperson lie and identification of training needs.
- The salesperson receives constructive feedback that they would not normally have access to.
- The line manager is able to build a picture, beyond their own perception, of how the individual is perceived by others within the business.
- The report provides evidence-based feedback which facilitates coaching and goal-setting activities between the salesperson and their line manager.
- Enables the individual to address potential areas of concern before they have chance to manifest into bigger problems.
- Because feedback is collected from a number of sources, rater bias and discrimination tendencies are reduced.