In all our interactions with organisations and sales teams, part of our approach is to spend some time diagnosing the key challenges that they face and based on this diagnosis, design tailored programmes that address the underlying capability issues.
A key element of the Diagnostic approach is to conduct field based observations of the sales team and their interactions with customers. This allows us to assess what works well and where the capability gaps are.
As part of this process we also speak with customers to understand what they want from your organisation and your sales team.
As a leader within an organisation, it’s important to get a clear understanding of what is working and what is not before deciding on a strategic plan of action.
Quite often sales leaders will need to consider whether other parts of the business are aligned to support and encourage the desired changes identified.
The areas that can typically have greatest impact include the following:
- Reward and recognition systems
- Performance management systems
- Recruitment strategies
- Product marketing offerings
- Access to relevant information
- Proposal and tender response processes
- Key business performance indicators and measurement
- Reporting requirements and documentation
- CRM system and processes
- Organisational structure
As part of our Diagnostic approach we review these areas and provide recommendations to improve alignment and therefore the chances of success of any intervention.
What is a sales Diagnostic?
Our sales consultants use a range of tools to put your entire sales operation under the microscope. We look at your sales process from every angle, including the customer’s perspective leading right through to the supporting infrastructure of the wider organisation.
Our consultants provide a detailed report which includes:
- Key findings and underlying issues
- What is working well and where the gaps are
- Sales team capability gaps
- Customer feedback
- Intervention recommendations
- A ‘Return On Investment’ calculation to support the business decision.
What are the benefits?
In a nutshell, the benefits are to ensure that no stone is left unturned.
The Salestrong approach to diagnostics is very immersive with an organisation’s sales culture.
As a bespoke sales consultancy service, the Diagnostic is designed specifically to your organisation and sales teams and so it will vary.
A Salestrong Diagnostic should enable business and sales leaders to:
- To identify where sales performance could be improved further.
- Discover the real capability gaps in their sales team.
- Understand the real underlying issues and deliver bespoke interventions that are fit for purpose.
- Ensure structure systems and processes are aligned to effectively support the sales effort.
- Hear what customers really want from the business and the sales team.
- Create differential value propositions that land more effectively with customers.
- Objectively look at the organisation’s structure, systems and processes and whether they are supporting the sales effort.
- Build a compelling case for change.
Who should choose a Sales Diagnostic?
This type of detailed analysis is provided by a team of sales consultants who work across the globe to bring additional insight and knowledge. It is very helpful to organisations and leaders who are looking for external expertise and fresh insights.
As a HR, Sales, Marketing or Executive leader, you can request this service in isolation or ‘stand-alone’ to help direct your internal sales improvement requirements. Or, as a stepping stone to choosing further services from Salestrong, including sales training and sales coaching.
To learn how our Diagnostic analysis was a key element in delivering impressive results for one of our clients, simply click here click here.
"It was obvious to all attending the WorldPay Corporate Accelerate Sales & Account Development training program that Steve had spent time getting to understand the business and where his knowledge, techniques and coaching could add the most value."
Head of Corporate Sales
Ready to speak to an expert?
To transform your sales people and performance, and inspire your business to reach its full potential, start talking to us today. We'd love to hear from you.Get in touch with us today