Designed to provide anonymous, in-depth feedback on an individual’s performance from a variety of people operating at different levels within an organisation, 360° surveys are an invaluable development tool.
Many high-performing individuals use 360° feedback as a starting point to their developmental goals and that’s because, to achieve any level of performance improvement, you first need to understand where you’re starting from and which elements need the most focus.
How do 360° Feedback Surveys work?
The individual, plus a selection of people who interact with that individual, complete a survey which rates the individual’s performance against a set of competencies. Responses are anonymous and are sought from a variety of sources, to include, but not limited to:
- The individual them self
- Direct Reports, where applicable
- Line Manager
Respondents can either be nominated by the individual or be selected by the individual’s line manager (or another individual). The value of a 360° is heightened significantly when the group of respondents includes a wide variety of colleagues, with varying strengths of relationships to the individual.
After all of the surveys have been collected, the results are collated and presented in a report to the individual, detailing capability against each of the assessed competencies. The report presents the data in a series of tables and charts, making it easy for the reader to digest. Additional instructions are provided in the report, giving tips on how to interpret the results. These reports are typically shared with the individual and their direct line manager.
What are the benefits of 360° Surveys?
- Clear indication of where the strengths and weaknesses of the individual lie.
- The individual receives feedback that they would not normally have access to.
- The line manager is able to build a picture, beyond their own perception, of how the individual is perceived by others within the business.
- The report provides evidence-based feedback which facilitates coaching and goal-setting activities between the individual and their line manager.
- Enables the individual to address potential areas of concern before they have chance to manifest into bigger problems.
- The individual receives both qualitative and quantitative feedback.
- The anonymous nature of the reports means that respondents are able to be honest and open with their feedback.
Who should undertake the 360° Feedback process?
The 360° Feedback process can be undertaken by anyone.
We have 3 different 360° feedback options:
- Standard 360° Feedback – Suitable for those operating in any role.
- Leadership 360° Feedback – Designed to look specifically at those behaviours critical to effective leadership. We can also tailor this specifically to sales
- Bespoke 360° Feedback – For teams/organisations looking to asses capability against a set of specific competencies, for example; against a set of company values.
360° Feedback surveys can be distributed using an online survey collection tool, either as a standalone option or, as part of a wider programme of training/development to measure the impact of a specific intervention. In the latter instance, surveys would be distributed at the beginning and end of the specified period of time.
Our 360° feedback surveys can be distributed to any number within an organisation, from 1 to 1000+.
We will manage the entire process from sending out invitations to complete the surveys, tracking responses and sharing the final reports.
We can also offer follow-up individual coaching sessions with a Salestrong coach. In these sessions, the coach will work with the individual to identify areas for development and put in place action plans to help the individual achieve these developmental goals.
What should I do next?
If you’d like to talk to us about 360° Feedback surveys or any of our other services, please give us a call on 01778 382733, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or head to our Contact page and leave us your details there.
Ready to speak to an expert?
To transform your sales people and performance, and inspire your business to reach its full potential, start talking to us today. We'd love to hear from you.Get in touch with us today