Sales Managers will often find themselves promoted to a senior position based on individual performance and without the necessary leadership and performance management training. However, when sales managers coach their team effectively the results are often spectacular.
What is Management Coaching?
Management Coaching Skills helps sales managers understand and apply the power of coaching to encourage salespeople to perform at a higher level.
Effective sales coaching improves sales outcomes, customer experience and employee retention.
There are very few other interventions that have the same impact.
Given the diverse range of pressures on a sales manager’s time, the disappointing truth is that many sales managers lack the skill or the will to invest in coaching their sales team. We work with Sales Managers to provide them with the answers to “Why Coach?” and the key skills required to coach at three levels:
- Opportunity based – coaching on specific customer deals
- Sales skills focused – competency based
- Developmental – growth and learning opportunities.
The COACH framework forms the basis for our work with Sales Managers:
The COACH framework provides the essential competencies required to positively influence the sales person and improve sales performance:
- Coach the GROW process (other coaching models are available)
- Optimise Trust and Rapport
- Ask questions and listen
- Construct great feedback
- Hold accountable.
By understanding and using the COACH framework, sales managers can achieve sales performance improvements in their team that are simply not achievable without effective coaching.
What are the benefits?
Management Coaching should enable sales managers to:
- Prepare effectively for every sales person interaction to demonstrate credibility and an understanding of the salesperson’s issues.
- Challenge the salesperson’s thinking in a way that creates trust.
- Communicate effectively to positively influence the sales person and other team members.
- Build stronger, more trust based relationships.
- Maximise team performance.
- Understand how to have challenging conversations that deliver better outcomes.
- Improve retention and engagement of high performers.
- Improve their emotional intelligence.
Who should attend?
Management Coaching is right for any member of your sales management team for whom leveraging the effectiveness of a sales team is an important part of what they do.
We can also provide a similar programme for other members of the management team.
This could include people working in a variety of disciplines including:
- Sales support professionals
- Account management professionals
- Business development professionals
- Sales support professionals
- Customer service professionals
- Operation management professionals
Management Coaching Skills consists of a series of modules that can be tailored to the specific needs of any organisation.
We use simulated coaching sessions interactions to deliver insights into how coaching can quickly improve performance.
Delegates will also be involved in ‘real world’ planning sessions to ensure that the new skills become embedded and that you achieve short and long-term sales improvements.
- Tailored on-site live programmes
- Train-the-Trainer (Client Associate)
- Blended e-learning and live programmes.
"The coaching is brought to life and is of the highest quality. Everything feels tailor made."
Training Business Partner
Ready to speak to an expert?
To transform your sales people and performance, and inspire your business to reach its full potential, start talking to us today. We'd love to hear from you.Get in touch with us today